Thursday, January 06, 2011

That time again. . .

Every year I'm surprised when Anika's birthday arrives so close to the holiday break. Once again we're scrambling to put a party together. (I was a little bit better this year.) However, I must say that I love choosing and decorating cakes for my kiddos. This year Anika is having a "Craft (or DIY) Party". (Thanks to Jen and Ella for the inspiration!!!). We are having make your own snacks, craft time, and this artist's palette cake. Again, Anika was so excited to help me decorate her cake. We were really pleased with the results. Here are a few shots of the process. I'll post pictures of the party tomorrow after 6 little girls invade my house. Anika is SO excited.
Here are a few of our past cakes: 5th birthday and 6th birthday

My nearly seven-year-old:


A work in progress:


The finished product:


Happy girl:

1 comment:

VM Family said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Your cake looks GREAT. Hope the flying google eyes and glitter are kept to a minimum for you today! :)