Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year!

With surgery, sickness and funerals, our break wasn't turning out quite like I had imagined so I was so blessed when we were able to enjoy a delightful New Year's weekend. New Year's Eve was a family game night. And we had so much fun playing chess, Dutch Blitz, and Life. As the kids get older I so enjoy introducing them to these games. We munched on Chex mix and a cheese ball, watched AFV and stayed up late (9:30 gasp!). After the kiddos were in bed, I was able to get in my holiday puzzle time in front of a warm fire and then toast the New Year with Dick Clark (oh, and my hubby!) And if that wasn't enough we had a wonderful New Year's Day visit at the Rhoda Dairy. (Andrew couldn't be happier wallowing in "mud" and hang out with the guys shooting a bb gun.) More games and good food to kick off 2011.


Dutch Blitz with Mom: Chess with Dad:
Marching to the beat of her own drum (and STILL not potty trained):

1 comment:

VM Family said...

We had a similar New Year's Eve and it was lovely! :) Happy New Year Wicker Fam!