Monday, October 05, 2009

Breezes, Bubbles, & Backyards

Everything is letters in our house as Anika continues with her kindergarten education. We talk about what letters things start with, ended with, and contain within; we do sight words, memory verses, patterns, & estimating. I've spelled so many "books" for Anika that I've almost taken to spelling out everything that I s-a-y. (And for those who remember how much this former English teacher struggled with spelling this is quite a feat!) I'm so grateful that Andrew seem to be showing an interest in letters now too! (Yeah, big sisters!) However, life as been pretty uneventful around here so I haven't had much to blog about. Here's a little taste of our afternoons while Kathryn naps. We've been enjoying the beautiful cool breezes (yeah, fall!!!) and blowing bubbles in our backyard!
(The kids had just tried on their new jammies and they were SO comfy that they wanted to stay in them!)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Did you get those pj's at Coscto? I was just looking at those yesterday. :)

Hilary said...

I love you and your kiddos. I miss you tons and I absolutely adore the jammies. Sleepin' stylish in the fall!

Marilyn said...

Hi Heidi- and fam
I try to keep up when I can.. I can't believe Anika is in kindergarten? Time passes for all. Adrian wanted me to share his blog with you too, he is in Florence Italy for the semester. Fun to read if you like a balance between history and good food :)
Love to all,
Marilyn
avanoostrum.blogspot.com