Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Monkey-ing Around

Anika has a new obsession. Ever since school started, she has been enamoured with monkey bars. A few weeks ago, I was greeted at school by an ecstatic Anika when she successfully made it across the monkey bars. Then it was on to bigger and better things. She spends her entire recess on the monkey bars, learning to get across, try it backwards, swing herself up to sit on top, etc. She has now moved on to the higher "blue" bars that curve around. (See picture below). Sadly, her hands haven't fared so well. She had blisters and callouses -- but they don't seem to slow her down:-)

Anika's picture of herself on the "blue bars":

Her hands (of course the pictures don't do it justice. . .):





1 comment:

Kris said...

OHHH Miss Anika, I can remember my hands hurting and blistered because like you...I LOVED to monkey around on those bars. I have to laugh becaue Saige & Jake are little monkey's too! They both head straight for the bars where ever they are. Have fun at school and LOVE your drawings. You're becoming such a big girl and I still miss you coming to my office for a fun time of Elmo on the computer.