Monday, April 14, 2008

Knott's Berry Farm

We decided to do one day at Knott's Berry Farm - and we picked the hottest day of the week:-) It was 90+ degrees!!! In spite of remembering the sunscreen, we still fell victim to the souvenir "gods" and paid for sun hats for the kids. It was worth it to avoid a sun burn!

I can't get over how well the kids did. Andrew kept up with Anika nearly step for step. I kept things pretty low key and I was so grateful that Papa and Nana were willing to stand in lines and go on rides. We had a great day!!! Anika is still taking about the log ride. (I thought she was going to chicken out but instead she wanted to go TWICE.) Andrew went down like trooper, too.



One of Andrew's favorite rides was the airplanes. He would have done them again and again!
I wish I could describe Anika's face when she told me about this one!!! In Ghost Town there is an old man in a jail/window who will talk with little kids. (Papa went and prepped him for a little girl named Anika from Ripon, CA.) Anika was awe-struck!Can you say whiplash!
Coming down the big "slippery dip" as Anika calls it.Post-log ride smiles!The picture of contentment - he didn't sack out until we were leaving the park!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last picture of Andrew in the stroller was just too cute...you totally wore him out! That looks like way too much fun. Glad you got to spend time with Nana & Papa! I'm sure they are loving having you so close!
God Bless
Kris

Hilary said...

Anika has gorgeous, shapely legs just like her mom!

Quiver Full said...

Looks like you had a great trip with beautiful weather and great fellowship! I thought having a 74' day in April was good! Wow....90's!! You have adorable children! I loved their hats! Talk to you soon!
Nikki K.

Anonymous said...

Wow,It's that hot already! I'm getting jealous:) It looks like Anika and Andrew are really enjoying California.
--Nathan G.