Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Ah, Mother's Day!  What a blessing it is each year to have these little people who own so much of my heart reflect that back.  I was showered with blessings from the time I got up.  I received many "Happy Mother's Day" greetings before Anika and I headed out the door to prepare to lead worship at church this morning.  My eyes swelled with tears as the Sunday school students (including two of mine) sang "I'm Watching You".  Back at home, I was quickly hustled to a chair to open gift after thoughtful gift: homemade cards, books, and coupons all choked me up.  Dad slaved with the kids in the kitchen to produce a gourmet meal: filet mignon, twice-baked potatoes, spinach salad with poppyseed dressing, and strawberry cream pie).  Then Anika couldn't hold her delight any longer and I was treated to the most special video.  Anika and her daddy spent many hours on Friday and Sat. going through music and pictures and poems to present me with a special memory on this Mother's Day. (Kathryn isn't very clear but the other kids are!)
 






1 comment:

VM Family said...

Okay, I watched your special movie with tears in MY eyes! I can't imagine what a state you were in! :) Glad you felt so celebrated and loved yesterday!