Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer's Last Hurrah - Part 2

After our time at the aquarium, we had lunch at Hard Rock Cafe (I guess I'm not the rocker I once was, because I don't remember complaining about the loud music in college!). Then we strolled down Pier 39. It was a beautiful, sunny upper 60 degree day. Anika and Andrew were most excited about the sea lions; they probably could have watched them (watching us) longer than we were in the aquarium. A little bite of ice cream and it was time to head home. (The only downside of the day was hitting Friday evening rush hour traffic. It took us almost 3 hrs to get home - 69 miles.)

Boats on the bay:


Golden Gate Bridge:
Bay Bridge:
Me, my kiddos, and Alcatraz Island:
Dad, his kids and Alcatraz:
Sea Lions:

Ice Cream smiles:


2 comments:

Kris said...

Seriously, Anika is starting school! Oh my goodness ~ I'm feeling older by the day. And you are so right when you say it will never be the same! I do have to say even with all the chaos at our home, I miss having my boys little.

Anika, I hope you have a great time at school - I know you will because you love to learn!
Love to all!

Hilary said...

Isaiah just doesn't know what he's missing out on with the ice cream, does he? Looks like such a fun day!!