Monday, August 24, 2009

Amazing Almonds and Apples!

I was reading my sister's wise words about healthy snacks today when she mentioned apples and almond butter. Well. . . I just happen to live in an amazing valley were both products are at my finger tips. So, not only was I able to provide my kiddos with a healthy snack, I also did it with freshly grow produce and no trip to the grocery store:-) Since Lloyd is no longer struggling with nut allergies, I got out a bag of almonds that we had been given. I toasted them, processed them and voile - almond butter. We had also recently (and sheepishly) discovered that the tree along the side of the house (that was so busy with bees this spring) is an apple tree!!!! (Yeah, we don't get over to that side of the house. . .)

Here are the kids enjoying scrumptous almond butter and apples after a quick run through the sprinklers.



2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Yum!!!

Quiver Full said...

Very impressive, Heidi...or shall I say, "Betty Crocker"!!! :0) What a fun "treasure" to find in your yard...an apple tree!