Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Happy 500th Blog Entry

Can you believe it? This is my 500th time bringing you a story/picture/anecdote of the Wicker family. Thanks for hanging in there:-) (I must pause and give credit where credit is due. Thanks, Jen, for your 500 blog entries and bringing such a milestone to my attention! I even stole your picture idea!)

What a blessing it has been to look back over the years -- this was started initally as a way to keep in touch with family (and it has definitely been that), but it has grown as well to become a digital scrapbook (no beautiful creative memories book for my kids, just "the blog"), a digital journal (looking at past posts brings laughter and tears), and a contact point with friends across the country (we are so glad to stay in touch this way.) I'm so excited to see where the next years take us -- and the next 500 blog entries!

3 comments:

Van Lente Family said...

How exciting!! I have felt the same way about my blog... it is a digital scrapbook!! If I spent the time scrapping that I do on the internet I may have an actual album!! Then again everyone wouldn't be able to enjoy my kids!!

Amy said...

Impressive Heidi!!

The VM Family said...

Truly Heidi, we are blogging soulmates! You rarely write something I haven't experienced with my own kids or can't relate to.

And now we reach our 500th within weeks of each other? Hmmm...