Saturday, August 25, 2012

First Days

Well, here is the post that explains why I haven't posted in such a long time. . . Another Wicker is going back to school.  After some interviewing this summer and receiving two job opportunities, I'm back in the classroom.  I'm teaching one Friday night class (6:00-10:00) this quarter at Heald College, right nearby.  I'm teaching English 105: Reading and Composition for 11 weeks (5 weeks down already).  It has been an adjustment, but I do enjoy interacting with students again.  Anika snapped my "first day" pictures for me.
 



The kiddos also had their first day back at school on Aug. 15.

My big 3rd grader!  Where does the time go?  She is in Ms. Meendering's class and she is really enjoying it. 

Andrew is in 1st grade with Mrs. Persenaire this year.  He is happy to have a larger class than last year -- more friends!!!


Andrew outside his doorway to first grade adventures.

Anika with one of her besties, Raegan.  She was so happy to be in the same class with her.

1 comment:

VM Family said...

Love it! Even though it's been a few weeks-- Happy First Day of School to THREE of you Wickers! :)

I actually have my first day of school on Monday...online Early Childhood Education classes through Vanguard University. But since I'll be enjoying this first day in front of my computer, I plan to look a lot less lipsticked and dressed up than you! :)