Sunday, May 13, 2012

What a day!

Since Mother's Day is always Sunday, I'm continually amazed at the way my busy husband makes this day special.  Even though he had to preach twice today, he still helped the kids to make this a pampered day for Mommy.  I was greeted to a rousing "Happy Mother's Day" and a big sign this morning.  I opened a precious gift from Anika (two magnets she made a school and a home-make book Prayers from Your Child's Heart.  Initially she wanted a prayer for every day of the year . . . then one for every week. . . she settled for two a month:-) They are so special. I also got an envelope of coupons good for "anything you want"!)  Then we enjoyed a wonderful mornng of worship.  When we got home, I was directed to sit down and turn my kitchen over to the experts!  I was treated to an amazing meal of grilled steak (perfect medium well), a twice-baked potato, and amazing green beans (specially created by Anika & Lloyd with bacon bits, tomatoes, seasonings, etc.)  A red-velvet cake from Costco rounded out the perfect meal.  I couldn't be more happy! 
The reason I get to celebrate today: Anika, Andrew, & Kathryn!
BTW, I let them eat, too;-)

No comments: