Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Anika's 8th Birthday Party

Having two birthdays right on the heels of Christmas and New Years continues to sneak up on me, every year. I tried to be more together this year. Even though Anika's birthday isn't until Sunday (8 on the 8th). I let me have a slumber-themed birthday party so we thought it best to do it over Christmas break. We kept it very simple -- just two of her closest friends (which was a trial in itself to pick. . .) Then we made a cake, had pizza for dinner, a pedicure by Mom, and a homemade movie theater. I think fun was had by all.

Anika decorating her pj bottoms. (I was intending to make a blue jean cake but an inspired Anika asked for this and helped in the adjustments):





Happy girl!

A pedicure at home:

A movie in bed:

Our big screen:

A pillow from Paige (perfectly "on theme"):

Friendship bracelet kit from Raegan:

All that hard work about to be eaten:

3 blows this year to get all the candles out:

2 comments:

Kris said...

Love your cake as always!
Anika I know your birthday isn't until Sunday but I'm going to say "Happy Birthday" a little early! Looks like you had a very special time at your sleep over! So much fun. Hope you have a great year. Love ya Kris

VM Family said...

Another stellar party idea, Heidi, most of which I'll probably be stealing for my girls in the future! :) Especially love the big-screen movie!