Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Monterey Bay Aquarium

Months ago, I had planned to take Mom & Dad to the coast for the long President's Day weekend. Again, my plans were thwarted by rain. We adjusted our expectations and still enjoyed an amazing time at the world-class Monterey Bay Aquarium (where we are now members!).


These sea nettles were a favorite:


The Seahorses are another favorite, incredible exhibit. I was able to capture 2/3 fishy faces here:-) Our family:

Kat in the Kelp "holdfast":
Here are the kiddos at the entrance to the "Splash Zone" here they are in the same place last April.


A momentary brightness provides a great pictures op of the bay:

This big wave that crashes down regularly is a huge hit with my kids:
Dinner at El Torito (after a damp walk) was a welcome respite. Great food, great conversation, great location!!!!
And to end our day, one of the brightest rainbows I've every seen right stretched out over the bay.

2 comments:

VM Family said...

I should look into membership. We've been dying to go again! I'd want to take visitors, though, do you get any guest passes?

Kris said...

Great pictures, fun memories!
Treasure those times with loved ones!