Monday, January 25, 2010

Surprise "Girls' Trip" in Chicago

Well, blog friends, this one might come as a surprise to you, just as it did to my mom:-) But I just got back from Chicago! My sisters and I have been playing this trip since my mom's 60th birthday in Sept. We got all our ducks in a row for last week. I flew into Chicago for two fabulous, incredible, amazing, magical, unforgettable days with my mom & sisters (with no kids - thanks so my amazing husband and in-laws).

Hilary & Heather kill time with mom while waiting for me to call from the airport shuttle that I was on my way to the hotel.
After lots of tears & hugs, we headed out to Giordano's pizza. YUMMMM!!

Since most of our time was spent laughing, talking & eating. Here is another Chicago must-have: melt-in-your-mouth pancakes.
Shopping at Water Tower Place:
Here is a before pic:
After:




An fabulous dinner at China Grill before the show:
DREAMGIRLS! A contender for my favorite show of all time (and I've seen my fair share!) I hadn't seen the movie so it was all new to me:

Goofy girls at 2 AM:
Our incredible 5 star hotel on Michigan Ave in the middle of the Magnificent mile. (Thanks to Jeff, my bro-in-law and his priceline expertise!!!)
One last stop before heading home - bringing back a taste of Chicago!


2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Can't wait to hear about it =)

VM Family said...

My Chicago-native heart beats nostaligically reading this post. You guys stayed at the Intercontinental?! Awesome!