Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Cookies and Cookie Monsters

The kids and I tackled the annual frosted sugar cookies today. A little bit different spin today because I'm taking some of them to a cookie exchange so I "oversaw" things a little more particularly. They did a great job on the sprinkling. We also made Russian Tea cakes (as my mom called them) or Mexican cookies (as Anika calls them; her kindergarten class is studying how Christmas is celebrated in different countries so she recognized these.) I think we will have to make more cookies before Christmas at the rate that these are disappearing!!!
Russian Tea Cakes:

Cookie Monster #1 (fresh from her nap):

Cookie Monsters #2 & #3 and expert sugar shakers! (Andrew is jumping up and down in this picture; he isn't really taller than Anika, although he is close):

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Love the hair Kat!

And Andrew, are you taller than your sister?!?!

Amy said...

Yummy cookies by the way! We've been enjoying them!