Friday, August 31, 2007

Kick-Off Fun

If you are wondering why there haven't been any post recently, then maybe this entry will explain some of it. I've been incredibly busy planning for the Youth Group Kick-off. It was last Sat night. I had a blast - I just hope all the students did! We did a Western themed murder mystery party. The students (and leaders) came dressed in character. First, we had a "down-home" town carnival - tin can shoot ("Straight shooters never miss a meal"), horseshoes, bobbing for apples, house of cards building, lassoing, and arm wrestling ("If you ain't met your match yet, you ain't tried very hard"), etc. Then we had dinner and the mystery. I spent hours with my fellow female youth leaders decorating (and talking!). We are so excited about the final outcome that we want to try and use it again.



I was Suzette (a can-can girl)! I helped run the "mystery" part of the night which is why I'm front and center here.The food: chili mac/taco soup, corn muffins, corn on the cob, salsa/chips, and pie a la mode for dessert. (The posters were copies of real wanted poster of the time period.Werkhoven's barn was the setting for our evening.

No comments: