Monday, March 26, 2007

Backyard Play

Although it is quite cold again, we've been enjoying being outside this spring. I can't say enough about fenced in backyards. Andrew has so much freedom to roam and play ball with his dog. Scout is such a good dog - she takes the ball gently from his hand or waits patiently for him to throw it. They are good pals. The first thing Andrew says when he gets up from his nap is "puppy" as he points to the window.
Anika is enjoying her new sidewalk chalk. She makes A's and H's on the ground, and we are working on playing hopscotch. (After Mommy reviewed the in's and out's. It is amazing how much you forget in a couple of decades. . .)


Anika couldn't wait for the rain to wash away the chalk so she helped things out a little bit.

1 comment:

Van Lente Family said...

Ditto on the fenced in backyard!! I love my fenced in area. The kids can roam and have so much more fun just playing and not worrying about if they are going to far or not. The hopscotch thing, yeah my mom pointed out to me that I was teaching Lexi wrong! Oops! If you don't mess your children up one way you will probably succeed in another way!! :-)