Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Andrew's Smile

I'm waxing sentimental today. Andrew is teething. He already has two bottom teeth but his top front teeth are coming in. I'm going to miss those gummy smiles -- sniff. It seems like these milestones with Andrew have come so much faster than with Anika. I remember waiting anxiously for all these big "firsts" with Anika. With Andrew, they are all catching me by surprise and I'm left wondering "where did my baby go." I "know" that I should be rejoicing that he is growing; he is healthy; he is developing. I mean, isn't it my goal to help him become an independent, thoughtful, creative, loving, caring, faithful child of God? Ah, yes. But I have to admit, I'm going to miss those gummy grins.


PS My rational side is reminding me that he is only 8 months old and has MANY more milestones to reach - even before toddlerhood:-)

1 comment:

Van Lente Family said...

I understand! You want them to grow, continue to hit milestones, but can't they just stop the clock for a little bit so you can really enjoy your baby?!?! I understand! Enjoy.