Thursday, June 29, 2006

Fruit of my labor:-)

The Yakima Valley is producing its fruit again! Today I frozen 9 quarts of strawberries and made some 10 pints of Strawberry jam - yummmm. We've also been enjoying fresh bing and Rainier cherries. I dehydrated 7 trays of cherries, too. I like them better fresh but they don't keep forever. It has been a touch-and-go season for cherries here in the northwest with the rain, hot weather, and lack of pickers but the cherries we have are certainly sweet!

Self-portait of the happy homemaker:-) I feel so domestic on days like this! (Deb, this picture is for you. Yes, I'm the picture-taker so there aren't that many pics of me -- in fact, I even have to take my own!)

2 comments:

Shanelle said...

WOW! Thats great, you rock!

vrienduinen said...

Thanks Heidi Jean! Definitely not as good as seeing you in person, but I'll be happy with this for now!
You look beautiful...motherhood treats you well.